The BENCHMARK BMX96 Access System is designed for today’s most complex neurovascular interventions. The advanced stainless steel hypotube technology of BENCHMARK BMX96 provides distal deliverability and proximal stability for most complex therapies. Furthermore, the catheter’s 0.096″ lumen is designed to increase procedural versatility and intraprocedural visualization.
Prepackaged options with Penumbra 6 F (2.4 mm) Select ™ Catheters enable Rapid Primary Access into final position, eliminating the need for an over-the-wire exchange.
Caution: Federal (USA) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician. Prior to use, please refer to the Instructions for Use for complete product indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse events, and detailed instructions for use.
Indication For Use
The BENCHMARK BMX96 System is indicated for the introduction of interventional devices into the peripheral, coronary, and neuro vasculature.
There are no known contraindications.
The BENCHMARK BMX96 System should only be used by physicians who have received appropriate training in interventional techniques.
The device is intended for single use only. Do not resterilize or reuse. Resterilization and/or reuse may result in ineffective catheter coating lubrication, which may result in high friction and the inability to access the target vasculature location; and/or may compromise the structural integrity of the device.
Do not use kinked or damaged devices. Do not use open or damaged packages. Return all damaged devices and packaging to the manufacturer/ distributor.
Use prior to the “Use By” date.
Use the BENCHMARK BMX96 System in conjunction with fluoroscopic visualization.
Do not advance or withdraw the BENCHMARK BMX96 System against resistance without careful assessment of the cause using fluoroscopy. If the cause cannot be determined, withdraw the device. Unrestrained moving or torquing the device against resistance may result in damage to the vessel or device.
Maintain a constant infusion of an appropriate flush solution.
If flow through the device becomes restricted, do not attempt to clear the lumen by infusion. Remove and replace the device.
Potential adverse events
Possible complications include, but are not limited to, the following: acute occlusion; air embolism; death; distal embolization; emboli; false aneurysm formation; hematoma or hemorrhage at puncture site; infection; intracranial hemorrhage; ischemia; neurological deficits including stroke; vessel spasm, thrombosis, dissection, or perforation.
- 8 F OD (2.77 mm) delivery catheter
- .096″ (2.4 mm) ID expands procedural versatility and intraprocedural visualization
- Soft, atraumatic tip for distal placement
- Mechanically optimized proximal shaft designed to maximize procedural stability
- Prepackaged options with Penumbra 6 F Select Catheters for Rapid Primary Access
- Packaged with a dilator designed to provide seamless dilator-to-catheter transition (.038″ guidewire compatible)
- Tip Shapes: Straight, MP
- Lengths Include: 80, 90, 100 cm
6 F Select Catheters
- Allows for easy selection off arch into desired vessel
- Designed to deliver BENCHMARK BMX96
- Low-profile, tapered 5 F distal segment
- Facilitates atraumatic placement into distal vasculature
- Can be used for diagnostic angiogram – .040″ (1.02 mm) lumen
- Compatible with all .035″—.038″ (.89 mm—.97 mm) guidewires
- Tip Shapes: SIM-V, SIM, BER, H1
- Lengths Include: 105, 125 cm